Active Philosophy Workshops
Discover Your Path
Give meaning to your life
An introduction to practical philosophy, designed for people who are concerned about the great questions that touch us all.
- Do I have a soul, or just a body?
- What is the meaning of my life?
- Why does Love exist?
- Does Destiny exist?
- Why is there suffering?
- Why am I afraid to try new things?
- How can I give a meaning to my life?
But questions aren't enough... we need to set ourselves in motion to find answers!
A Dynamic Course
11 workshops of essential philosophy.
Optional practical exercises are given to do during the week.
- The human being: who am I?
The identity behind the multiple facets of the personality. Learn to recognize energy, emotions, thoughts and intuitions, to better express them in your life.
- How to recognize and overcome inner challenges.
Finding the right balance: Wisdom of India.
- How can we face suffering?
Buddhism: how we can face suffering and fear, and move beyond difficulties.
- Discovering our inner senses
Tibetan wisdom and how to cultivate our abilities to surpass limits.
- Working towards a world with more justice
Teachings of Confucius: towards an integral justice.
- Essential values in daily life
Teachings from Ancient Egypt.
- How to find our place in a superficial world
Socrates and Greek philosophy.
- Discovering and expressing the best of oneself
Teachings of Plato.
- How we can develop calmness and serenity.
The Stoics, and self-mastery.
- The philosophy of history: destiny, evolution, cycles
Where do we come from and where are we going? How can we build our future?
- An international philosophical movement
Introduction to Practical Psychology.
New Acropolis: goals and objectives.
The diverse facets of philosophy applied worldwide, everyday.
These workshops can be followed by higher cycles of philosophical training:
- Wisdom of East and West
- Compared symbolism
- Rhetorics (3 levels)
- History of philosophy (4 levels)
- Compared religions
- Philosophy of science
- Metaphysical Aesthetics
Wednesday May 22 at 7:30pm
Monday May 27 at 7:30pm
New Acropolis Toronto
2498 Yonge Street
5 blocks north of Eglinton
First Workshop: |
$5 full-time students with ID
Full-time students with ID: $180
Accepted payment methods include cash and credit card.
||Please call 416-486-7198 or email email@example.com
Please note: Workshops are held for 11 consecutive weeks. As life happens, you may miss a session; we will make every effort to ensure that you can make up any missed workshops.
* Guarantees a seat
* Credit card payment option through secure online payment (Event Brite)
"Make a Reservation"
* Pay at the door
* Valid until 7:15pm